Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quantum Snap Server and FreeBSD?

Hi,

I have been looking at various NAS File Servers over the past couple of
weeks (ranging from NetApp Filers to Auspex's) as well as basic RAID
solutions.  I came across both the Snap Server 4000 from Quantum, and the
Maxtor MaxAttach NAS 400 in my search, and I wanted to ask the FreeBSD
community at large to see if they have had any experiences using either of
these products. (Both accessible via NFS and SMB)  We plan on deploying
one of these products in a mostly mixed Net\FreeBSD server environment (as
well as a smattering of legacy Sun/SGI/HP/AIX systems mixed in for "fun")

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request