Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:06:32 +0000 (UTC)
From:      what ever <thursday@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Way Off Topic: Bookmarks

Hi,

I'm wondering what people are doing to manage their bookmarks. In my home
office, I find myself switching between Netscrape on my Windows machine, and
between Konqueror & Netscrape on my FreeBSD machine. I mostly use the
FreeBSD machine for surfing, but my NN/Win instance had the biggest
bookmarks file (years of surfing on that platform before I found the *nix
light).

For a while, I was mailing links to bookmark to myself and filing them in
Netscape/Win, and replacing NN/BSD's bookmarks file with that every week,
but that has rapidly become tedious. Then, later, I just kept
bookmarks in each program separately & tried to merge them into the NN/Win
bookmarks file periodically. Also very tedious.

So...what do you do? Is there a nice bookmarks program which will hook
into any browser? Do you use Yahoo! bookmarks?

Thanks!

thursday@sdf.lonestar.org