Date:      Fri, 18 May 2007 18:06:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recommended SATA controllers

Hi all,

I have a fairly nice dual-xeon Supermicro 1U that needs some parts.  It
has onboard PATA and I'd like to throw some SATA drives in and get an SATA
backplane for it (machine has hot swap bays, it's missing any sort of
backplane).

I'll need to put some kind of SATA controller in there.  What can I buy
that's known to be very stable under 6.2?  I recall that in the past some
onboard SATA controllers were a little sketchy...

Thanks,

Charles