Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 23:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mdean <mdean@best.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Major number requested

I would like to ask for a major number for my dio48s/at-p driver (48
channel digital i/o with change of state interrupt). I don't need it right
now as I am not yet done, but I should have most of the work finished
within a week. I will be contributing this driver, unless rejected, to the
freebsd project.

This driver is needed to harness the full potential of the change of state
interrupts, this is a rare feature not even found in 2x enpensive
comparable boards (such as national instruments pcdio series).
This can be used to latch the inputs upon a change and respond to those
inputs. For instance it could be very useful in a computerized security
system. See http://www.indcompsrc.com/products/data/html/dio48s_at-p.html
for more info.

I also need to know what kind of man page text I need to go along with
this. I have never done any man pages.