Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:02:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sandip Srivastava <ssriva1@alumni.umbc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X won't run after upgrade

I upgraded to XFree86 3.3.6 using the port. After the port was installed,
I rebooted my pc and ran 'xf86config'. Then I typed 'startx' at the prompt
and got the following error:

Xwrapper:  no modules loaded for 'xserver' service
Authentication failed - cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?

I ran 'startx' as root and as a regular user, and still got the same
error. I also used 'XF86Setup' for configuration. I'm at a lost what do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sandip