Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 17:33:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
To:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP telnet filter

Hey, I'm trying to create a ppp filter that will deny telnet requests
coming from the Internet, but allow them coming from 192.168.100/24.
Everything I try seems to produce unwanted results.  My situation is
this: I want the people on the Intranet (192.168.100/24) to be able to
telnet to the server, but everyone else sholud be denied.  I hope I'm
being clear in this.  I've tried a few o/ifilters with no real luck.  I
always seem to block ALL telnet requests, or allow all of them.  Oh, and
everything else should be allowed to pass normally.  I have some filters
up to prevent ICMP keep-alive, and dial, and they work fine.  Thanks.

Joe Clarke