Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:53:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        David Hetrick <david_jh@efn.org>
Cc:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Filename for download

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, David Hetrick wrote:

> Ok....yeah. I'd like to install from DOS...so what's the filename?

Look at the two docs called `INSTALL' and `README' in the 2.2-960612-SNAP
directory at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD, as instructed in the
below quote.

You'll find it easiest to download all the little files if you use
ftp.freebsd.org's auto-tar-and-zipping facility.  For example, to
download the bin distribution, you'd follow this url

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2-960612-SNAP/bin.tar.gz

.  Rename it to bin.tgz and put it in the appropriate directory
(c:\freebsd\bin, I think--check INSTALL to be sure).

You also need rawrite.exe, boot.flp, root.flp, and possibly fips.exe.
You'll find all of those somewhere off of ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD.

--

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk