Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:26:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4BSD SMM

	Hi, I recently aquired the 4.4BSD System Manager's Manual out of
the Usenix/Oreilly set.  I was wondering how much of it is applicable to
FreeBSD, and how much of it is too out of date to be useful.  Some
obviously are not like the chapter on installing on architectures like the
HP9000. I'm especially interested in the chapters on fsck and FFS.  How
applicable are they?  I don't want to study something that is incorrect.
Could someone that has it or knows it well comment on what chapters to
avoid perhaps? I would really appreciate it.  Thanks,

					Tim