Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:55:47 +0000
From:      Shivaprashanth H <shivprashanth.h@globaledgesoft.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: loading the coredump file to memory

Yes ?

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>;

________________________________
From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:24:17 AM
To: Peter Jeremy
Cc: Shivaprashanth H; freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org

... is someone trying to make suspend-to-disk work? :)

-adrian

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 at 11:45, Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com<mailto:peter=
@rulingia.com>> wrote:
On 2019-Mar-26 13:16:40 +0000, Shivaprashanth H <shivprashanth.h@globaledge=
soft.com<mailto:shivprashanth.h@globaledgesoft.com>> wrote:
>using sysctl debug.kdb.panic=3D1 command, panic can be simulated which res=
ults in system reboot and writing of system context(ram snapshot?) to a fil=
e vmcore.x in /var/crash

>my question is, will it be possible to load this file back into memory?

If you mean, can you take the crashdump and turn it back into a running sys=
tem,
no that's not possible.  Maybe if you explain what your objective is, we mi=
ght
be able to make suggestions.

(And, I'm not sure how this relates to ACPI).
--
Peter Jeremy
Disclaimer: "This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s).=