Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:28:47 +0000
From:      dhaneshk k <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel Pro/Wireless3945  issue

Fellow FreeBSDians=2C

=20

  I am trying to configure  my laptop for  wireless connectivity to a broad=
band connection.

=20

these are the steps I followed=2C I don't know what  I made wrong=2C please=
 help to fix the issue..

=20

1 ) To  /boot/loader.conf

=20

=20

if_wpi_load =3D "YES"

wlan_load =3D "YES"

wlan_amrr_load =3D "YES"

firmware_load =3D "YES"

wpifw_load =3D "YES"

legal.intel_wpi.licence_ack=3D1

=20

save and rebooted the machine

=20

and=20

=20

2) issued the command  ifconfig wpi0 up scan

=20

but nothing is reported for  this command

=20

=20

3) then I checked  the out  put  of    ifconfig

=20

it showing  wpi0    but  no carriers  for the device

=20

I am using  FreeBSD-7.2 i386 release.  Wireless card is   Intel Pro/Wireles=
s  3945 . (In  Windows XP  it works from this Windows I am sending this mai=
l via   Wireless  access)  Any help  most welcome.

=20

thanks in advance

dhanesh

=20