Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:53:24 -0500
From:      J D <blahbleh666@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel Building Documentation for 8.1-REL

Greetings FreeBSD Team!

I'm having difficulty building and installing a new kernel while following =
the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-buil=
ding.html

it appears that this page especially is out of date.  It only mentions the =
requirement of ssys and sbase distribution sets=2C but much googling (as I =
run into each problem) suggests that more sets of sources are necessary.  I=
 eventually installed them all=2C because I don't know which are necessary.=
  Another page that could use some help is the description of the configura=
tion file:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-conf=
ig.html

as it no longer matches the config file in i386 very closely.

I (and probably many others) would appreciate if these pages were corrected=
.  Pretty please? :)

Much thanks for all that you do!

-Jared
 		 	   		  =