Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:08:21 +0000
From:      Lorenzo Salvadore <phascolarctos@protonmail.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: any way asm people could contribute?

On Sunday 10 February 2019 16:56, <iam@sdf.org> wrote:

> is there any scope for assembly language people
> to contribute code to the freebsd project?

Look at the kernel source code: files with the extension .S
are in assembly. You could work on those files and try to
improve them. You could also search into bugzilla
( https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/ ) if you find some bug to fix.

Assembly is most often used for drivers: you could search
for missing drivers and try to implement them. Maybe this pages
about laptops could help you find some missing or buggy drivers:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops .

If anyone can give more precise information about how to
contribute in assembly language, I would find it interesting too.

Lorenzo Salvadore.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?U-T5V9GBTMH0X4T_hYmtSc4B19QRNPzkirSo_g45l-czdcQaEvhYekzafkZcQOM_Nb9IQ6Qx3EXEQ-aeRrDJkPrqMnQky88TZZlDfr9iTGA=>