Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:42:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7 on 2 Xeons SMP?

On 17-Jan-2003 Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> Want to attract your attention once more. At my place double Xeons fails
> to start (with only SMP and APIC options added to GENERIC) with
> following diagnostics:
>
>> I tried both 4.7-RELEASE srs/sys and that of January 14. That's what I
>> get when booting with SMP enabled (copied from screen):
>> Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0
>> IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0
>> Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #1
>> Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #2
>> AP #1 (PHY# 6) failed
>> panic y/n?
>> mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid = 0; lapic_id = 00000000

This is a known problem with the SE7500CW2 motherboards that doesn't
have a solution atm.  We are having difficulties sending IPI's to
these machines for some reason and we don't know why yet. :-/

If your motherboard is not an Intel SE7500CW2 please let me know.
Other Xeon SMP motherboards seem to work fine.