Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 10:50:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 25-Mar-95 Re: httpd as
part of the sy.. by Nate Williams@trout.sri.
> I'm pretty sure VM-mode in XEmacs can do it.  And, XEmacs 19.12 (due out
> RSN I hear) will also have tty support, so you can use it in X mode
> and/or character mode.  XEmacs is a very nice extensible editor, mail
> reader, news reader, spell-checker, and whatever else you can think.
>
> We're getting closer to booting kernel.el all the time. :-)

Ugh, please don't make emacs part of the standard distribution, let
alone XEmacs.  There are those of us who really don't feel like wasting
20 megs of local space (or whatever it takes) for a product that we
don't use.

As for a standard mail package, Pine seems like the obvious answer to me.
It generally seems to be the easiest package to use and is fairly full
featured.

alex