Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2020 19:18:34 -0700
From:      David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adding disk to zfs mirror after removal of disk

On 2020-08-21 16:02, tech-lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to have broken the zpool on a mirror setup. One of the disks showed
> errors, so detached it and ran a dd rw over the entire disk to make the
> hardware remap bad blocks. I then attached it to the pool and it
> resilvered.
> Problem is now, the pool doesn't show its pooltype ie mirror-0, there's
> nothing where mirror-0 was, just the two disks.
>
> How to fix?
>
> thanks,

My guess is that you wiped the ZFS metadata that made the disk part of a
mirror and added it to the pool as another stripe.

It would help if you posted the relevant console session -- prompts,
commands issued, output displayed, etc...

Please run the following commands and post the console session,
substituting $POOLNAME as appropriate:

     # zpool list $POOLNAME

     # zpool status $POOLNAME

David