Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2007 05:11:13 +0000
From:      "Aryeh Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SATA and PATA drives are mutually exclusive

On my machine (P35 ICH9 some sort of AMI bios [OEM version number
makes no sense]) the BIOS will see both SATA/300 and PATA (UDMA 133)
drives installed at the same time but FreeBSD 7-Current (AMD64) only
sees the SATA drive.   Sorry I do not have more data because FreeBSD
makes no mention what ever of the PATA drive.  Hardware details:

MSI Neo-F Mobo (ICH9, AMI BIOS, 7 SATA and 1 PATA connectors)
4 GB RAM
E6850 CPU (compiled as HAMMER not NOCONA in kernel)
500 GB SATA Drive
250 GB PATA Drive (I want to install upto 2)