Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:44:19 +0930
From:      Andrew Hodges <ahodges@tbs.com.au>
To:        "'cjb@efn.org'" <cjb@efn.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Playing Midi files

Chris,
	you have almost the identical setup to me (I don't have the
additional memory) I have also tried the drivers from 4Front
Technologies
the OSS/FreeBSD Drivers. I am not sure if we exhibit the same problems
though. I haven't had a core dump, but when I do something like

cat xxxxxx.au >/dev/audio  it sounds really crappy.  I get hissing that
doesn;t sound anyhting like it is supposed to. Is this the same sort of
thing
as you?

Regards
Andrew Hodges