Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:19:27 +0800
From:      "Jiawei Ye" <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portupgrade ideas page

On 6/7/06, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> If you use fetchindex, this is expected.  If you build the index
> yourself, but have your customizations in pkgtools.conf, it is also
> expected.  This is why you should use make.conf for your
> customizations.
>
> Kris
Hi Kris,

I *know* that there are limitations in the base tools or what to
expect. sysutil/portmanager can do this well enough (correct
dependancy), that's why I *wish* portupgrade could do this too. It's a
wishlist right?

If all customizations are to be done in make.conf, what is the point
of MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf? I merely beg to complete the circle,
not to point fingers at anyone.

Have a nice day,

Jiawei

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming