Date:      Fri, 16 May 2008 22:51:59 +0530
From:      "Nishita Desai" <nishita@mri.ernet.in>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X on Intel GM965 chipset

Hello,

I just installed FreeBSD 7.0 on a Dell Vostro 1200. It has Intel's
GM965 chipset and I cannot get X to work at the right resolution of
1280x800.

I updated and reinstalled the x11-drivers/x11-video-i810 and
x11-drivers/x11-intel ports. But X still dies whenever I tell it to
use "i810" driver. I am using vesa which gives me 1024x786.

The following two places suggest that FreeBSD 7.0 supports GM965 chipsets:
[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-July/080677.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

What should I do to get the proper drivers and get X working?

Thanks,
Nishita

--
http://nishita.50webs.com/