Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2018 09:09:07 +0100
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to enforce one version of python

Hello,

On 11/09/2018 15:54, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:

> No, it's because pylint2 as itself requires python > 3.4. User should
> switch to older devel/pylint1 if he needs to stick with 2.7.

But I'm not upgrading pylint2:

 >>> (pylint-py27-1.9.2) wants to upgrade to pylint-py36-2.1.1

Maybe I need to stop using portupgrade. What is the best replacement?

qt4 and qt5 has similar issues to python2 and python3. These are
installed as either build or runtime dependencies of other programs I
want to run. I just want a version to be picked and stuck with.

thanks,
--
J.