Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:49:44 -0600
From:      "Andrew Gould" <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
Subject:   [OT] printing question

Time to buy a new printer.  I don't print much from FreeBSD; but the need
occasionally arises.  Most of my printing is done while using Mac OS X.  The
Epson Artisan 800 is looking awfully nice; but it's not in the Linux
printing database yet (http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi).

Question:  Since Mac OS X uses CUPS, if I share the printer on the Mac, will
I need to worry about FreeBSD compatibility of the printer?  I only need
printing functions (not scan, etc) for the FreeBSD computer.

Thanks,

Andrew