Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:54:55 -0600
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
Subject:   tool for detecting filesystem?

Background:  I received  a CD that I couldn't mount on my FreeBSD computer.
Later, in a different city, I played it on my MacBook.  It was a slideshow
with music that had been created using a Roxio product.  I did a right-click
on the CD's icon and selected "Get Info", where I learned that the CD was
formatted for UDF.

What would have been the best/easiest way to determine the filesystem
present on a CD or hard drive partition from within FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Andrew