Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:35:25 +0100
From:      Arjan Van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic in 5.3, related to network traffic

Hi,

I updated my server at home from a -CURRENT from june 7 to
5.3-RELEASE, and now I'm seeing this panic whenever someone behind
this gateway starts emule and opens a lot of connections:

http://www.piwebs.com/freebsd/pagefault-network.jpg

The panic doesn't occur with the -CURRENT kernel from june 7. Setting
debug.mpsafenet=0 doesn't help.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to avoid this panic?

The panic is very well reproduceable, so if you need more details,
please tell me what to do. For now, I'll just downgrade to an older
-CURRENT.

Best regards,

Arjan