Date:      Thu, 01 May 2014 11:00:55 -0400
From:      Andre Goree <andre@drenet.net>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Panic on FreeBSD guests with libvirt 1.2.2 and qemu 1.7.91

Hello,

I'm running libvirt 1.2.2 and QEMU 1.7.91 on an Ubuntu 12.04LTS host.
Prior to a recent upgrade, I've been able to run FreeBSD guests (both
10.0 and 9.2) perfectly fine without issue.  Now, this the
aforementioned versions, I'm running into a kernel panic almost
immediately after booting, same message with both 10.0 & 9.2:  "Fatal
trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode".

To ensure that it had nothing to do with my configuration [of the guest
OS] I've tried installing the guest from guest using virt-install,
however I still run into the same kernel panic.  It'll be hard for me to
post the output of the panic, so I'll try to show as much info as
possible via images[1].

Upon researching, I've come across a few threads (e.g., this one[2])
that appear to be related, but none have helped.  Any information that
you can provide to help me get to the root of this issue would be
greatly appreciated!

[1]http://www.drenet.net/images/panic1.png
http://www.drenet.net/images/panic2.png
http://www.drenet.net/images/panic_noacpi1.png