Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:16:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      fbsdmail@dnswatch.com
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   When will the amd64 be supported?

Greetings,
 If it isn't already apparent, this is my first attempt building kernel
on an AMD based arch. I have spent some 20yrs building world/kernel on
the arch i386. But, after reading everything I thought I would need to
know, I'm /still/ unable to complete a successful kernel build on the
amd64 arch.

cd /usr/src
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYAMDKERN
fails: MYAMDKERN not found
cd sys/amd64/
config MYAMDKERN
OK
cd ../compile/MYAMDKERN
make cleandepend && make depend
fails with alot of "i386" errors

So, on a fresh 8-RELEASE install from DVD w/cvsupped src && ports, now
running GENERIC, with a successful buildworld...
Is it possible to build for the amd64 arch?

If so, can anyone suggest where I went wrong?

Thank you for all your time and consideration in this matter.

--Chris

P.S. of /course/ I read the kernel section of the handbook. :)