Date:      28 Feb 2002 13:14:32 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making suggestions

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:45:23AM -0600, Justin L. Boss wrote:
> > FREEBSD-BINUP
> >

> > FreeBSD Binary Update Project
> >
> > This list exists to provide discussion for the binary update system, or
> > binup. Design issues, implementation details, patches, bug reports, status
> > reports, feature requests, commit logs, and all other things related to binup
> > are fair game.
> >
> > This is off the web site at
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL
> > I'm thinking this might be the place that we are looking for (feature
> > requests...). Let me know whar you think.

I think -binup is the wrong mailing list for the suggestions originally
mentioned.  Freebsd-binup is for a special project:

From http://www.freebsd.org/projects/projects.html:

    Binary Updater (binup). The FreeBSD Binary Updater Project aims to
    provide a secure mechanism for the distribution of binary updates
    for FreeBSD.  [ http://www.freebsd.org/projects/updater.html ]

If PR's are OK for suggestions, I'd have to guess that freebsd-bugs
would be too, since that's that place of last resort for those not
willing to write PRs.  But I wouldn't try discussing the suggestion
on freebsd-bugs; I'd take that to a subject-appropriate site, though
that's not always clearly obvious, and I'm still not sure what would
be appropriate for non-technical-list-covered enhancements; the charters
of -chat, -hackers, -current, -questions all seem to exclude it.