Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:56:49 +0200
From:      "Karl Fischer" <kmf@fischer.org.za>
To:        "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME 2.22.3 PBI on PC-BSD 7.0.1

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 19:14, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Karl Fischer wrote:
>> Hi
>> Has anyone tested the GNOME PBI on PC-BSD 7.0.1 ?
>>
>> There are some issues regarding some menu items,
>> Most of the issues and fixes are here :
>> http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11768
>
> I really don't want to page through multiple posts.  Please summarize
> the current outstanding issues with the PBI.

I grabbed this out of the Forum,

There are a bugs with the icons under
"System" -> "Administration"
they are
- Add / Remove Software
- Network Settings
- Password & User Account
- Service Manager

None of them start,
To fix this goto "System" -> "Preferences" - "Main Menu"
Edit the entriesm, replace the "kcmshell" with "kcmshell4" and they'll work.

They also have no icons,
The KDE Menu is not populated with Applications, only with Installed
PBIs like OpenOffice.(This could be fixed in 7.0.1)

Another bug,
after the Installation your rc.conf entry for dbus and hald will look like this

##GNOME##dbus_enable="YES"

just make sure that dbus_enable="YES" is on a new line.

and

the ##GNOME##hald_enable="YES"
just make sure that hald_enable="YES" is on a new line.

Marcus, Dude you rock the planet, keep up the good work!

Karl

                Karl Fischer
 |_|0|_|	"Absence of evidence
 |_|_|0|	is not evidence of absence"