Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:43:30 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail exploders...

>According to Luigi Rizzo:
>> So I am wondering how are the mail exploders chosen

>They're not really exploders but just sites that gets all domain for a
>given TLD.

So are you saying that if there are 100 subscribers in the .fr domain,
100 copies of each message are sent from California to France and from
there directed to the individual recipients?

If that is the case, it might be more efficient to batch each mailing
list and transmit a list of subscribers along with one copy of the batch.

That would still preserve the "zero storage" aspect of the hub in France.