Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:05:13 -0500
From:      Richard Brooksby <Richard.Brooksby@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD under Virtual PC

[Please make sure your reply to me or Cc me on the reply.]

Has anyone succeeded in getting FreeBSD running under Connectix Virtual PC

I haven't been able to get very far.  FreeBSD fails to find the IDE driver
unless the CD-ROM is attached to it ("alternate configuration" in the
preferences) and it doesn't find the DEC 20141 Ethernet adapter at all,
which makes it hard to install over the net.  I tried installing FreeBSD
2.2.6 from CD-ROM but got kernel panics during the unpacking of the "bin"
package.

It would be useful for me to be able to run FreeBSD on my Mac while on the
road, so that I can develop apache-based web server stuff for my clients.

Thanks.