Date:      09 May 2001 15:19:02 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB keyboard (MS)

Hi all,

According to the ukbd man page, I should be able to use my usb
keyboard as /dev/kbd1, using kbdcontrol to set this up.

I can't do kbdcontrol -i < /dev/kbd1. It says
/dev/kbd1: Device not configured

My first thought is that my keyboard is not a usb keyboard. It is a
Microsoft Natural. It has one cable that at a point splits into 2. A
PS/2 and a USB plug.

Does anyone know if the USB plug is just for the USB hub that is built
into the keyboard, or if it can be used to drive the keyboard.

Also, does anyone have any advice for a decent, preferably ergonomic
usb keyboard? I don't have a ps/2 port on my port replicator.

Thanks,

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk