Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:58:24 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/82389: portupgrade of linux-flashplugin7 to today's latest breaks flash on linux-opera

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 05:40:30 -0500, Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 23 June 2005 02:22 am, Kent Stewart wrote:
>> On Wednesday 22 June 2005 01:30 pm, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> > The following reply was made to PR ports/82389; it has been noted
>> > by GNATS.
>> >
>> > From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
>> > To: "Stacey Roberts" <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
>> > Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
>> > freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org Subject: Re: ports/82389:
>> > portupgrade of linux-flashplugin7 to today's latest breaks flash on
>> > linux-opera Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:21:37 -0500
>> >
>> >  On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:57:21 -0500, Stacey Roberts
>> >  <stacey@vickiandstacey.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >  <snip>
>> >
>> >  > If there is anything else I can test, please let me know.
>> >
>> >  One more thing, can you run 'linux-opera -debugplugin' with
>> >  linux-flashplugin6 and show me the output of it? Thanks.
>>
>> What I have found is that it doesn't install anything. In the
>> pkg-plist, you used to have
>> %%PLUGINSDIR%%/flashplayer.xpt
>> %%PLUGINSDIR%%/libflashplayer.so
>> and it installed those files in /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6.
>>
>> Now, they are missing and nothing gets installed.
>
> I have to correct my statement. The plugin files used to be installed
> there. Now there are installed in /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7 and
> even Mozilla can't find them. In fact, since the mega update, the only
> plugin Mozilla can find is the Java one.

Which one? www/mozilla or www/linux-mozilla? Do you have everything up to
date? Well, I don't know much Mozilla stuff so you will have to ask the
maintainers about them.

I don't think linuxpluginwrapper supports linux-flashplugin7 yet, but I
believe that netchild has updated linuxpluginwrapper for know those
plugins' new location.

Cheers,
Mezz

--