Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:36:53 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD.local.dist - share/locale

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:26:53 -0500, Andrew Pantyukhin
<infofarmer@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I can't help thinking that the way we're trying to deal with
> locale directories is far from optimal. IMHO, there are
> several ways to improve the state of things:

I think the current how we handle locale is a bit silly, so I personal in
favor of create localehier like misc/gnomehier than four suggested below..
Honestly, I would be more rather to put mtree that is for ports in
somewhere of /usr/ports/ than /etc/mtree/ that way any version of FreeBSD
won't have any of left over directories problem.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)