Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:16:57 +0200
From:      "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        bug-followup@freebsd.org, troy@twisted.net
Cc:        "pgollucci@freebsd.org" <pgollucci@freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/137843: Cannot compile devel/apr (version 1.3.8.1.3.9) on AMD64

Same for me, on i386. Removing the listed leftover libtool15/libltdl15
files/directories let the devel/apr build succeed, where it would fail
before.

Given that the devel/libtool15 port is gone:

1. Can we have a pkg-install script that purges the obsolete libtool15
stuff (as listed, but substituting ${PKG_PREFIX} for /usr/local) post a
successful libtool22 install?  Apparently the older pkg-plist were
incomplete, so that libtool15 didn't get completely removed on uninstall,
and a libtool22/libltdl22 post-installation cleanup of libtool15 seems the
natural way to solve.

2. Alternatively, please mention in /usr/ports/UPDATING that
libtool15/libltdl15 cruft needs to be purged manually (file list as above).

Thank you.

--
Matthias Andree