Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:42:00 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
To:        "FreeBSD quest" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Security updates

Hi :)

since I updated the ports tree I'm able to fix one issue after the other,
e.g. GDM now can start Xfce4.
IIUC correctly freebsd-update (
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=freebsd-update&sektion=8 ) will
not take care about updates for e.g. Firefox, since I guess it doesn't
belong to the base system.

Because compiling does take very long, I will not update the whole ports
tree that often, I alos like to keep software versions that fit to my
needs when ever possible, but I guess without breaking dependencies it
theoretically should be possible to update Internet browsers, MUAs etc.
only from time to time, for security reasons.

Is it possible to update just some Internet stuff?

Regards,
Ralf