Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:01:00 +0000 (UTC)
From:      James Griffin <jmzgriffin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Webcam in-built microphone problem

I have installed the Skype package really just to test my webcam and the
in-built microphone. Sadly the microphone doesn't appear to work.

I've followed the instructions found on the various FreeBSD-specific
info sites but am now stuck. The webcam is a Logitech C310, using
FreeBSD 10 stable.

I don't care about skype, like I said I just wanted to test things out.
But I would like to see if I can get the microphone working.

Below, is the dmesg output for this particular device, should it help:

uaudio0: <vendor 0x046d product 0x081b, class 239/2, rev 2.00/0.10, addr
3> on usbus3
uaudio0: No playback.
uaudio0: Record: 48000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: Record: 32000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: Record: 24000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: Record: 16000 Hz, 1 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format, 2x8ms buffer.
uaudio0: No MIDI sequencer.
pcm2: <USB audio> on uaudio0
uaudio0: No HID volume keys found.

Is there anything I can try, any ideas?