Date:      Sat, 11 May 2019 15:23:21 +0200
To:        freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Existing passwd and group files overwritten by pkgbase upgrade

Hi Ashley,

I guess this=C2=A0change=C2=A0is=C2=A0the cause:=C2=A0https://reviews=2Efr=
eebsd=2Eorg/D20173
It marks the group and=C2=A0the master=2Epasswd file for inclusion in the=
=C2=A0
FreebSD-runtime package=2E
I tried this change on my 12 system,=C2=A0the files are included in the
package=2E You also see them in the runtime=2Eplist=C2=A0file, but as regu=
lar file,
not marked as a config file, like the motd file for example=2E
=C2=A0
=2E=2E=2E
@(root,wheel,0644,) /etc/group
@(root,wheel,0600,) /etc/master=2Epasswd
@config(root,wheel,0644,) /etc/motd
=2E=2E=2E
=C2=A0
i guess now the existing file is replaced by the new file, instead of beei=
ng
merged with it=2E
i think,=C2=A0the tag "config" must be added to the above patch=2E But i a=
m not sure,
what the sytnax looks like for this=2E
=C2=A0
--