Date:      05 Aug 2001 21:04:41 -0700
From:      swear@aa.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do I get the doc sources?

I"m planning to submit some PRs against some FDP doc's and
I thought I'd be a good boy and include diffs of source files.
I have read most of the web site and cvsup'd doc-all and I
can't find the source SGML anywhere.  The web site seemed
to only have "attics" (not that I'd want to get it from there
anyway - that's what cvsup is for, right?

Assuming I'm doing something wrong with cvsup, here's the
relevant parts of my supfile.  See anything wrong?

    *default host=cvsup8.FreeBSD.org
    *default tag=RELENG_4
    *default release=cvs
    doc-all

Looking in sup/doc-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4, I see mostly
.sgml and some .docb files and a directory structure that
isn't matched (quite) under /usr/share or /usr/local/share.
And the cvsup took about a second and hadn't been done before
for about six weeks.  I was expecting many changes and I
observed zero.

What am I missing in this scheme?  I'm wondering if I should
try "doc-all tag=.", but doesn't that get me the very latest
docs that would go with CURRENT?  Maybe you could say something
about the way document versions and OS versions interrelate.

Thanks.