Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 1996 22:44:26 -0600
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net (David Kelly)
To:        Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: Mass install of FreeBSD?

>My boss wants to install FreeBSD on a dozen systems at work.  Is there
>some way we can do the install on just one machine, then make duplicates
>of that drive on all the other systems?  What would be the best way of
>accomplishing this?

"dump" and "restore" come to mind. But so does the entry at the bottom of
one of the install menus that says, "Load configuration floppy" or some
such. Just how might one create this configuration floppy? It hints at the
ability to save an installation's parameters for future reuse. Then it
would be real easy to go around to multiple machines and get them started
installing from a local NFS system.

--
David Kelly N4HHE,   n4hhe@amsat.org,    dkelly@hiwaay.net
                - Thomas Edison