Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 94 10:09:15 PST
From:      "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@netvision.net.il>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Multiple IP addresses on ethernet if ?

><<On Fri, 16 Dec 1994 17:25:23 +0100 (MET), Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
said:

>> I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple IP addresses on the
>> same ethernet interface. This is at times useful in order to set up a
>> router.
>
>Sure, alhough I won't make any guarantees about how other hosts on the
>wire will react.
It works ok..my machine lives like that a long time..i also working
on telnetd which would give different login sequences depending on
to which address was connection-so your computer would look from outside
like a lot of different machines:)

--
-=Ugen J.S.Antsilevich=-
NetVision - Israeli Commercial Internet          |  Learning