Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 1998 01:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        proff@iq.org, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, wollman@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/2575

Synopsis: patch for setsockopt(), opt data > MLEN

State-Changed-From-To: closed-suspended
State-Changed-By: phk
State-Changed-When: Sun Apr 12 01:11:38 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:

Actually, what is eventually supposed to happen (after I pop about
five other projects off my stack) is that socket options are passed
down in the kernel as uio structs, and don't get copied in until the
appropriate lower layer has accepted them.  (This also eliminates yet
another use of mbufs to hold something other than packet data.)

-GAWollman

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->wollman
Responsible-Changed-By: phk
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Apr 12 01:11:38 PDT 1998
Responsible-Changed-Why:
see above