Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 00:33:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Gnome Build Problem

Trying to build gnome on 2.2.7-stable with sources as of
about a week ago, it fails with the message

===>   Registering installation for imlib-1.8.1
===>   Returning to build of gnomelibs-0.30.1
Error: shared library "gdk_imlib.1" does not exist
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

(repeated many time)

The library gdk_imlib.1 does not appear in any of the PLISTs
in the ports collection (cvsupped Oct. 30) but the /graphics/imlib
port does list the following:

bin/imlib_config
bin/imlib-config
etc/imlib/im_palette.pal
etc/imlib/imrc
include/Imlib.h
include/Imlib_private.h
include/Imlib_types.h
include/gdk_imlib.h
include/gdk_imlib_private.h
include/gdk_imlib_types.h
lib/libImlib.a
lib/libImlib.la
lib/libImlib.so
lib/libImlib.so.1.8
lib/libgdk_imlib.a
lib/libgdk_imlib.la
lib/libgdk_imlib.so
lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1.8
@unexec /usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT=%%PORTOBJFORMAT%% /sbin/ldconfig -R
@exec /usr/bin/env OBJFORMAT=%%PORTOBJFORMAT%% /sbin/ldconfig -m %B
@dirrm etc

In /usr/X11R6, these get installed:

lib/libImlib.a
lib/libImlib.la
lib/libImlib.so
lib/libImlib.so.1.8

and these don't:

lib/libgdk_imlib.a
lib/libgdk_imlib.la
lib/libgdk_imlib.so
lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1.8

so perhaps a solution would be to make a symbolic link from
gdk_imlib.1 to one of those in the first group, but it's not
obvious to me which one might be the best candidate.  (I'd
be inclined to use lib/libImlib.so.1.8, but without real
reason.)

Alternatively perhaps this port is not intended to build on
2.2.7-stable?

Thanks--

	Annelise