Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 13:39:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   scsi messages

I'm trying to get another new scsi disk working, and something that I've
noticed in the past is puzzling me.  The name of the drive, reported via
the scsi bus, changes if I change the interface (such as changing the
termination).  The part that changes is a number at the end, something
I've always seen as a 4 digit number.  I don't know if it's restricted
to be a 4 digit number, but values like 0512 or 0172 are reported, and
these change.  Does anyone know if there is any intelligence to be
gleaned from this?

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).