Date:      Sun, 09 Aug 1998 20:43:05 +0200
From:      "Erik H. Bakke" <erikhb@bgnett.no>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AHC CAM problems solved

At least on my machine it is solved.
I had trouble big time getting CAM up and running on my computer.
I got a lot of error messages during boot. (These messages have been
discussed previously on the lists, so I will not repeat them here)

My problem was solved by replacing the motherboard/CPU.
My previous setup was as follows:

	Adaptec 2940U2W host adapter
	Seagate Cheetah ST34502LW U2W drive
	Seagate Barracuda ST34573LW U2W drive
	Pioneer DR-U06S CDROM drive
	Spacewalker.603 MB (AMD 640-based)
	Cyrix 6x86MX-PR200 CPU (Clocked as 2x66 - PR166)

When swapping the MB and CPU for an AOpen AP5T (430TX-based) with a
P55C-200MHz the problems disappeared.

Just a note to the other people out there with similar problems.  Try
swapping around a bit with MB and CPU.  Maybe it works.

---
Erik H. Bakke
Habatech AS
erikhb@bgnett.no