Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 1999 18:56:03 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Book?

Paolo Di Francesco wrote:

> Has anyone read this book? (found at amazon.co.uk)
>
> Sparc Architect Assembly Lang
>       Paul
>       Paperback (March 1995)
>       Prentice Hall; ISBN: 0130913405
>
> Interesting? Useful?

I've a copy laying on top of my right speaker.  ;^)

It's a good book to get if you're not familiar with SPARC assembler,
and don't have a SPARC expert around to ask questions.  It uses
GAS and GCC, and is therefore fairly topical.  The writing is of
mediocre quality, but gets the message across.

My biggest complaint is that it is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.  This would be
an OK book for $20, but at $70 it just sucks.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com