Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:41:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        dan@nz.freebsd.org
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone mirroring OpenBSD?

In article <200001300749.UAA61105@ducky.nz.freebsd.org>, Dan Langille
<dan@nz.freebsd.org> wrote:

> I now have an OpenBSD cvs repository on my mirror box.  This box
> also contains the FreeBSD cvs repository.  I'm of the impression
> I'll need to run anoncvs in order to serve up the OpenBSD tree.  The
> OpenBSD misc mailing list is telling me that I must use the OpenBSD
> version of cvs for the anoncvs server otherwise the tags will not be
> correct.  This I do not understand.  Isn't a cvs tree a cvs tree?

I don't know what they've done in OpenBSD that would require this.
Maybe they've added some local extensions to CVS.  Since you have
their tree with the CVS sources in it, maybe you should diff it
against what we have. :-)

> I was hoping to server both the OpenBSD and the FreeBSD tree from
> the same cvsupd.  But it appears OpenBSD will need anoncvs instead.

FWIW, cvsup7.freebsd.org provides the FreeBSD and NetBSD repositories
via both cvsupd and anoncvs.  It works fine as far as I can tell.

> I'm not sure of the affect installing the OpenBSD version of cvs will have
> on my existing cvsupd setup.

Installing a different version of cvs won't affect cvsupd, since CVSup
doesn't run cvs or any other programs.  But if OpenBSD has added some
non-standard extensions inside the RCS files, that could confuse cvsupd.

John