Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:36:28 -0500
From:      "Jekyll" <jekyll@netfallout.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: /dev/dsp: Device busy.

Is ESD running? Is this while you're running gnome?

For me, ESD runs and everything that wants to play something goes through
ESD (ie: xmms outputs to ESD, not /dev/dsp). ESD is required with Gnome, so
chances are if you're running Gnome, you're running ESD (otherwise you'd
have a grossly long wait time for anything that is Gnome and uses sound to
launch :).

-Matt Bertrand

PS - Scott.. don't know if it is me or not, but my mailserver wasn't able to
get a MX record for your domain.