Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mutex/BSDI work update

    Ok, here's an update:

    * I got the mutex implementation mostly working
    * I got idle processes working (one per cpu)  (page-zeroing is disabled
      at the moment).
    * All the mainline code is now using mutexes
    * The interrupt code still needs a lot of work, and probably hardclock
      too.  (The interrupt code is the hardest part).
    * I figured out how to support spl*()'s.
    * I'm getting the stuff working with Single-processor builds first,
      and then will get it working on MP builds.

    The breakage in -current lost me some time, so I didn't get started
    until Sunday.  The patch set isn't working well enough yet to give
    out, but I don't expect it to take long.

    I'll put together a synopsis tomorrow.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>