Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:17:20 +0100
From:      Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATM switch woes

Hi,

I've got a major problem with my ATM switch: it's a Synoptics/Bay Networks
LattisCell 10114 and I've flashed the flash ROM with the wrong data.
It will now no longer download any firmware and is basically useless :-(

Does anyone on the list have any experience with these type of switches or does anyone know someone who might?

I've got a similar switch (10114R-E3) from Nortel Networks Germany on loan and I wanted to read its flash ROM and write the contents into mine, since that's the only non-volatile part to have changed.
However, I can't easily remove the ROM without damaging the switch (which isn't mine).

Anyone have any ideas/know anyone?

Thanks

Gerald