From owner-freebsd-database Wed Mar 28 7:47:38 2001 Delivered-To: freebsd-database@freebsd.org Received: from carlton.innotts.co.uk (carlton.innotts.co.uk [212.56.32.2]) by hub.freebsd.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id E1D3837B71A for ; Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:47:33 -0800 (PST) (envelope-from robmel@nadt.org.uk) Received: (from uucp@localhost) by carlton.innotts.co.uk (8.10.0/8.10.0) with UUCP id f2SFkkx15223 for freebsd-database@freebsd.org; Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:46:46 +0100 Received: from [172.16.99.111] (robslap.nadt.org.uk [172.16.99.111]) by charlie.nadt.org.uk (8.9.3/8.6.12) with ESMTP id QAA06715 for ; Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:29:26 +0100 (BST) Mime-Version: 1.0 X-Sender: robmel@mailhost Message-Id: Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:32:20 +0100 To: freebsd-database@freebsd.org From: Robin Melville Subject: Freelance C programmer sought Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed" Sender: owner-freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG Precedence: bulk X-Loop: FreeBSD.ORG Hello, We're looking for an experienced, reliable, mature C programmer to pick up some development work on a medium scale clinical database application suite running on FreeBSD. The system consists of around 60 cooperating Common Gateway Interface programs which serve HTML 3.2/javascript pages on the fly within an HTML frameset environment. Much of the logic is held within libraries linked by the separate apps. The programs currently manipulate a MySQL database with 22 tables containing both data and session information. No status information is held on the web server, it is shared between the database and
fields in the served pages. We need programming support for the following areas of work: * Implementing CVS management of the development tree. * Migration of the database from MySQL to Postgres. * Implementation of server-side referential integrity, transaction control and locking, and removal of these from the client. This will entail implementing client-side exception handling. * Cleaning up the code, which although reliable and effective suffers from inconsistencies due to "organic development". In addition, we require some additional development on the suite to fix some minor bugs and add functionality in a number of areas. We're looking for somebody with at least 3 years C programming experience in project work (ie. not just self-written software). You should also have experience and understanding of database software design and, of course, SQL. We need someone who writes clear, readable, self-checking, well commented and documented code. Some knowledge of PostScript printing would also be an advantage. Unfortunately we don't have huge amounts of money to spend on this, so if you need to charge thousands we probably can't do business. However, this is an interesting project used for the clinical management of drug addicts and problem drinkers. If you are interested please send me a brief resume directly. Best wishes Robin. -- Robin Melville, Information manager Addiction & Forensic Information Service Nottingham Healthcare NHS Tust Tel: +44 (0)115 952 9478 Fax: +44 (0)115 952 9421 email: robmel@nadt.org.uk Pages: http://www.nadt.org.uk/ To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-database" in the body of the message