Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:48:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@batmule.dk>
To:        michael@lyngbol.dk (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?MichaelLyngb=F8l?=)
Cc:        te@webpartner.dk, jesper@skriver.dk, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: New FreeBSD FTP-mirror

MichaelLyngbøl wrote:

> > > Denmark allready has 3 tier 1 mirrors
> > >
> > >ftp.FreeBSD.org
> > >ftp.dk.FreeBSD.org
> > >ftp2.dk.FreeBSD.org
> >
> > It would seem that ftp.dk.freebsd.org and ftp2.dk.freebsd.org are in
> > fact the same machine (boulder.tele.dk) and that the 2 (3?) servers are
> > hosted at the same ISP (TDC) which is why we wanted to provide a mirror
> > at another ISP.
>
> Wierd. ftp2.dk.freebsd.org used to be a CNAME for thot.dkuug.dk.

It was changed right after a co-admin nuked the FreeBSD partition
(when adjusting slices you need to pay attention to both length
_and_ offset - sigh!).
I'm fairly certain that I asked PHK to change it back when the
mirror was rebuilt though. Oh well, I'll get it fixed.

	Hyg'
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen                                  Email: fj@batmule.dk
   ---===   If speed kills, Windows users may live forever.   ===---